Mangonui - Coopers Beach - Cable Bay
Net migration by age
The age group with the highest net migration in Mangonui - Coopers Beach - Cable Bay is 55-59 year olds, this is forecast to occur in the period between 2023 to 2028.
Migration is one of the most important components of population change. Once you have established the amount of development activity in an area, the next step is to make assumptions about who will move into the area as well as who is leaving the area.
Net migration by age is an excellent way of understanding housing markets. The most mobile age groups in the population are young adults. They tend to move to attend educational institutions, seek work and express a change in lifestyle. Market research has shown that empty nesters are more likely to move to smaller accommodation when appropriate and affordable alternative housing is supplied in the local area that is accessible to established social networks.
Select each small area to see how migration patterns differ for each area across Far North District depending on their housing markets and stage in the suburb life cycle.
Major migration assumptions:
- Several housing markets evident in the migration profile
- Slight gain of 25-34 year olds with children aged 5-9 years
- Slight loss of young adults aged 15-19 years
- Large gains of 45-69 year olds to the area representing those new residents seeking seachange lifestyles and retirement resettlement in the area
- Slight loss of elderly persons aged 74-84 years who leave the area to migrate closer to larger townships and centres for healthcare and aged care purposes