Kerikeri Township Surrounds
Residential development forecasts assume the number of dwellings in Kerikeri Township Surrounds will increase by an average of 21 dwellings per annum to 2,069 in 2043.
The addition of dwellings to the housing stock is a major driver of population growth in an area, providing opportunities for households to relocate from other areas or new households to form locally (such as young people leaving the family home or separations/divorces).
Residential development can take various forms depending on the availability of land. These include new housing estates on greenfield sites, subdivision in existing residential neighbourhoods (often called infill development), conversion of industrial lands to residential lands, and densification of housing by building up.
.id's forecasters worked with Council planners to understand the likely development activity in each small area. This forms the development assumptions for the forecasts. This table shows the quantity of new development assumed in each small area in Far North District. Select each small area to see detailed assumptions.
List of forecast land developments and infill assumptions:
2006-2013 dwelling additions are based on dwelling counts recorded at the 2013 Census. Assumptions concerning development over the post 2013 period include:
- Ranui Gardens - 15 dwellings (2014 - 2019)
- Access Heights (Riverbank Drive) - Surrounds section - 11 dwellings (2014 - 2019)
- Crackerjack Crescent - 9 dwellings (2014 - 2019)
- Awhitu Road development - 11 dwellings (2014 - 2019)
- Stoney Creek subdivision - 12 dwellings (2014 - 2022)
- Quail Ridge Development Stages 1-3 - 87 dwellings (2015 - 2025)
- Pathways Drive - 18 dwellings (2016 - 2021)
- Marsden Grove - 8 dwellings (2017 - 2020)
- Neil Construction Development (Blue Penguin Drive, Fantail Rise, Fernbird Grove) - 33 dwellings (2019 - 2031)
- Quail Ridge Development Stages 4-5 - 103 dwellings (2024 - 2034)
- Low-moderate infill development (8-16 dwellings per annum)